Monday, November 7, 2016

Time To Stop Complaining About Catholic Media, And Do Something About It


This election has definitely done something important: It has shown that many typical Catholic media outlets are not representative of me, and folks like me. 

From EWTN, to The National Catholic Register, to (and maybe most especially) local Catholic radio, I have experienced disappointment after disappointment with the way Catholic media has talked about this election cycle and Catholic things in general. 

Rather than complaining about typical Catholic media, though, I think this election cycle may be offering us a chance to do something different. 

Perhaps the time has come to start a new alternative to the typical mainstream Catholic media resources, an alternative that gives voice to those Catholics who can't stand another minute of typical Catholic media speaking for us. 

We have had different bloggers publishing articles for the Catholic Hipster in the past, but today I want to push it as far as it can go. 

I'm asking the 9 loyal readers to this blog to consider joining a new type of adventure, one where this weblog becomes a new voice in the Catholic media world.

It was actually the original intent of this weblog way back in 2014, and the times are showing me that maybe it was a great idea. 

Prepare for the change, and if you want to jump on board, let me know. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure (b/c I'm new) how much my experience matches, although I share a sense of frustration with a majority of the voices I've heard in Catholic media and how radically different they are from the diverse community of faith I've found in my local Catholic parish (the latter sounds rather much like "Word on Fire"). I'd welcome a new blogging/radio/podcasting voice, at least in addition to the few I have found that I enjoy.

    ReplyDelete