Sunday, March 6, 2016

The Case For Not Voting


In this day and age, Catholic media is all about encouraging us all to vote like serious Catholics. 

We may be approaching a scenario, however, where we won't feel much like voting at all...

Surprisingly, to me at least, Donald Trump appears to be picking up steam and showing no signs of slowing down (keep in mind, I wrote this prior to Super Tuesday, so maybe/hopefully things have changed).

We could rapidly be approaching a scenario where Catholics may prefer to not vote at all. 

*Gasp*

I understand that there will probably be a huge backlash of "engaged" Catholics who will tirelessly point out the fact that we need to choose the lesser of two evils. 

"We always need to make sure our voice is kept in the public square!!!"

Obviously, they will say, Trump would at least be more pro-life and pro-family than Hillary could ever be. 

Maybe. 

But, he's also Trump. 

When I look at this potential scenario, I'm pretty clear that you won't be finding me near a ballot box. 

Well...to be more accurate, I'll be there to vote on everything but the president. 

I just don't think I could bring myself to do it 

Who's feeling me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment