Thursday, December 31, 2015

A New Catholic New Year's Tradition?


Everyone has their traditions for New Year's Eve.

Some people eat crab legs, some attend a party, and some go to bed before the countdown because they know they baby is going to wake up shortly...

But how about we take a look at the potential for a New Catholic New Year's Tradition?





The fine folks over at The Daily Catholic have posted up an awesome Consecration for the New Year, and it comes with a built-in indulgence!

Consecrating ourselves and our family to the Lord seems like a pretty darned awesome way to ring in the New Year.

The prayer for the consecration is quite a dandy, and wraps up with this:

 O Sweet Savior of my Soul! From the depths of my heart I salute Thee at the beginning of this year. O my Infant Savior, I most confidently approach Thy crib and implore Thee to give efficacy by Thy Precious Blood to the resolutions I now make, of living from this moment in the manner I shall wish to have done when time shall be about to close forever on me.
    May each action of the coming year be offered in union with the adorable actions of Thy mortal life; may every intention be renounced save that of laboring for Thy love and glory. O merciful Jesus! By the helplessness of Thy Holy Infancy, strengthen my weakness and fortify my resolution nevermore to offend Thee. Amen.


What are some of your Catholic New Year's Traditions?

Let us know over on Twitter, @theghissilent!

No comments:

Post a Comment