Wednesday, November 11, 2015

When Perpetual Adoration Comes Knocking...



When I moved up to the Bay Area back in 2011, I had some difficulties in my life going on.

We made a big decision to move from Orange County to the Bay Area, and it was a stressful time of second guessing if we made the right decision.

There were living situation discomforts, family issues, new job concerns, and on and on and on.

When I was away from my family during the work day, there was very little I could do to give me comfort.





In all seriousness, there was only one thing that gave me the sense of peace and the courage that I needed to carry on.

Perpetual Adoration.

There was a Perpetual Adoration chapel just about 3 miles from my work, and I would spend my lunch break praying in the chapel, reading in the chapel, crying in the chapel, or just hanging out spending time with the main man.

It was incredible.

So, I'm sure you can imagine my excitement when my very own parish, St. Michael in Livermore, brought Perpetual Adoration on board last week!

24 hours each day. 7 days each week. 365.25 days each year.

I'm so proud to attend a parish that is home to Perpetual Adoration, I can barely find the words to express it.

If you belong to a parish that has Perpetual Adoration, show your pride and shout them out on Twitter in reply to this post!

Now, it's time to stop typing and drop on into the chapel.

No comments:

Post a Comment