Tuesday, November 24, 2015

5 Questions With Mary Rezac


You asked for it, and you're about to get it.

It's time for 5 Questions with...MARY REZAC!




1. What's the funniest thing that ever happened at a Mass you were at?

In college, a few friends and I invented a choir group for Noon Mass on Saturdays called "The Reginas". Basically, we still wanted to make it to Mass on Saturday; but we wanted to sleep in past 8:00 am, and not even the lure of donuts could get us out of bed that early. The Noon Mass had no music until we came along. 

We were four or five girls with extremely varied levels of musical ability and the tambourine and bongos as our instruments of choice. During one Mass, we were leading the congregation in a rousing round of "Hail Holy Queen Enthroned Above", Sister Act style, when we lost it. I mean we literally fell to the floor laughing so hard we couldn't breathe - which was lucky, because to the congregation below, it just sounded like we had stopped mid-song for no reason. I have never laughed so hard in my entire life. 

Amazingly, my friend and fellow "Regina" Sarah still had the stamina to see the song through to the end. What's even more amazing is that priest continued to let us come and sing for that Mass. 

2. What is your favorite prayer and why?

I love the Memorare. There's something so childlike and urgent about that prayer. It's kind of like - "Mom, I need help NOW!" And if you say nine of them in a row you've said a little mini-novena, how neat is that? I've called on that prayer in some of the most distressing times of my life and Mary's never failed me. 

And when I can't find words, Jesus' name is the best prayer around. 

3. In five words or less, what is the lavish life of a Catholic journalist like?

Is the Pope on script? 

4. What is something we don't know about you that totally defines you as a Catholic Hipster?

See her answer by clicking here.

5. What is the best way for folks to see your work, and are you working on any new projects that you are excited about?

You can always find my stories at catholicnewsagency.com or on CNA's twitter and facebook. You can also follow me on Twitter @maryrezac, and I'm sure there is a Google employee out there who is really enjoying following me on Google+

I'm also one of two contributors to CNA's Instagram where sometimes I have fun with captions: https://www.instagram.com/p/9_euqMhI3P/?taken-by=catholicnewsagency

As for upcoming projects I'm excited about, I'm contributing to some book about hipster Catholics ;) and I may be helping out with a video project at CNA in the coming year. I'm also thinking it's high time I revamped my personal blog again. 


Mega-thanks to Mary Rezac for giving us a glimpse into her hipster life!



And, if you have someone you'd like to see answer five of our questions, let us know!! 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm digging this 5 questions thing... Maybe you could find other little unknown, semi famous Catholics to include.

    ReplyDelete