Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Side-Eyeing Chloe Is My Default Response to the Catholic Blogosphere...


I know the 8 people who read this blog must be getting pretty tired of my "Can't we Catholics just be normal" routine, but I just can't help myself. It's my little corner of the New Evangelization.

The tweet from New Advent up above just pushed me over the edge this morning.

Maybe I had too much coffee, maybe it's all the over-the-top responses to the Synod that have been getting knocked around lately, maybe I'm just annoyed by everything, but this just seemed like too much.

Are we seriously at the point where we are sitting in the pews during the Mass critiquing the length of extension of the priest's arms? Are we concerned that if he just holds his hands out a little, the Eucharist may no longer be valid? Are we really that distracted, legalistic, and doubtful that God would fulfill his promise because of a few inches?

Why not critique the temperature of Holy Water, because, after all, Jesus made it pretty darn clear that he didn't prefer things to be lukewarm? 

As my dear friend Side-Eyeing Chloe would say, "Stahp it!"

Rant over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment