Friday, October 9, 2015

Pop Your Prayers



An actual recommendation for helping your children connect more deeply to the prayer life is seen up above, and I just found it to be a tad ridiculous.

First of all, what prayer would go along with the melody "Baby, You're a Firework"?

Second of all, who is letting their young children, so young that they can't remember their prayers, listen to Katy Perry?

Well, other than kind of disgusting me, this thought of creating a pop melody to help your children remember their prayers made me wonder:

What would I pick if I was going to "Pop My Prayers" for the sake of my kids' learning?

  • The Hail Mary sung to the tune of Tupac's Hail Mary
  • Hail Holy Queen sung to the tune of Taylor Swift's Shake it off
  • Our Father sung to the tune of Robin Thicke's Blurred Lines
  • Prayer of St. Francis sung to the tune of Carly Rae Jepsen's Call Me Maybe
  • Stabat Mater Dolorosa sung to the tune of Cyndi Lauper's Time After Time

Got a prayer that would work well with a favorite pop jingle? Let us know!

1 comment:

  1. aaaah. that is ridiculous. And, "Second of all, who is letting their young children, so young that they can't remember their prayers, listen to Katy Perry?" just made me laugh. out loud. thank you.

    ReplyDelete