Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Hey Jude!



Happy Feast of Sts. Simon & Jude!

Truth be told, Sts. Simon & Jude was our "rival parish" when I was a kid growing up. I went to Holy Spirit, and we considered Simon & Jude just another squad to be defeated at Youth Group Capture the Flag.

So, I'm sure you can understand my surprise many years later when I found such amazing peace and happiness thanks St. Jude during the midst of some serious suffering in my life.

Feeling like all hope was lost, I turned to the Novena to St. Jude and I was able to find meaning in my suffering, able to find peace amidst loss, and able to cling to my faith in my darkest hour.

So, when you're feeling like there is nowhere else to turn, and you need a friend in the darkness, reach out to St. Jude.

Hey Jude! Thanks for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment