Sunday, October 18, 2015

Don't Stop the Kneeling...



Catholic Hipsters kneel. It's just what we do.

And while I'm not trying to say that those who stand after Communion or during the Consecration aren't just as reverent and focused as those kneeling, I am trying to say that there is something about kneeling in the presence of our God that can help one be more in touch with the mind blowing miracle happening before our eyes.

So, I just wanted to give a shout out to those Hipsters out there who kneel even while everyone else is standing, not because standing is wrong, not because they are trying to draw attention to themselves, but simply because they are in awe of what is happening in the Mass.

Don't stop.

I'm kneeling right there with you.

Also, quick shout out to the parishes that have removed the kneelers (one of which I previously attended here in the Bay Area): What are you doing? Put them back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment