Saturday, February 7, 2015

The Definitive #IAmSonRise Post (With Graphs)

When I started this whole Catholic Hipster thing, the purpose was not simply to kill time at work. It was mainly because I believe that there is nothing hipper than being a faithful Catholic in the world today.

There's nothing more counter cultural, nothing that can bring more joy, and absolutely nothing more hip than being Catholic.

And, as a 33 year old husband and father of three, as the lesser half of an awesome marriage prep and NFP instructor duo, and just as a dude trying every day to follow The Big Guy and the Church he founded, no one in Catholic media speaks to me like Matt Swaim and Anna Mitchell.

The Son Rise Morning Show is fantastic, you don't need me to tell you that. So when I found it was gone from Immaculate Heart Radio, i was pretty unhappy.

I started a meme campaign, posted a Novena to get them back, and pled with IH Radio to change their minds.

When I realized it it was a much bigger issue, I knew it was time to try and break the internet for Son Rise.

I started the hashtag #IAmSonRise in support of Matt and Anna, and the Son Rise Fandom responded. 

Here is the graph of the hashtag's use over just the last 24 hours:


Yeah, we were almost rocking 50 tweets per hour at one point. Do you hear that EWTN?

Here is just a small sample of what came across Twitter:


Well Matt and Anna, I hope we were able to make Twitter a little more fun for you guys yesterday.

Good luck with everything that is to come, and remember that the Son Rise Fandom will keep on storming heaven for you both...and maybe making a few more memes while we're at it.























No comments:

Post a Comment