Tuesday, February 10, 2015

#5QuestionsWith: @CatholicDrinkie

With SF Beer Week in full effect out here in the Bay Area, I thought it would be fun to get to know one of the hippest Catholic Homebrewers on Twitter (and in the real world, for that matter).

And, since the plane ticket out to Atlanta would be a bit pricey for most of us, just sit back, open a bottle of your favorite brew, and enjoy the conversation. 

It's time for 5 Questions With...


Sarah Vabulas!

1. Are you a cradle Catholic or convert? Is your passion for your Catholic faith the result of a road to Damascus moment or a was it more of a gradual journey?

I am a cradle Catholic :-) And it was a gradual journey, but my Confirmation made a big impact upon me. It was really the moment I began to own my faith. Between the people I met and learning more about our faith, it got me interested. Stay tuned to the book to read more on that!

2. What is your favorite story from your upcoming book?

My favorite story ... I tell a couple of stories of meeting people while sitting at the bar and how their hearts changed from one conversation. That is always fun to think about and relive. One man went back to confession after a conversation. Talk about life-changing.

3. What tips would you give someone who is thinking about beginning to home brew?

Just do it! It's not as complicated as it seems and if you are interested, try it! There are some great ways to get started without investing a lot of money up front to see if it is something you'd wanna do. Worst that can happen is that your beer doesn't turn out - just try again!

4. How many bottles of beer do you have in your house right now and which one are you most looking forward to drinking?

I really don't know how many I have - it's embarrassing really. I think it's at 150-200 bottles. I need some friends to come help me drink! I have a few favorites stashed away that are bourbon-barrel stouts and some really solid sours. So I guess those, but let's be honest - all of them will be fun to share with friends!

5. Besides home brewing, what makes Sarah Vabulas a Catholic hipster?

I really am not sure how to answer this question because I'm just me. I don't try to be anything but me: faithful to the Church and her teachings, enjoy chatting with people on social media (and real life) and enjoying a good beer every now and again. 

Well Sarah, we think people being themselves while striving to be faithful to the Church and Her teachings is exactly what being a Catholic Hipster is all about.

Thanks so much for being willing to answer our five questions, and the next time you're in the San Francisco Bay Area, let's grab a beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment