Thursday, January 15, 2015

From the Twitter Feed: Big News for California's Catholic Hipsters

Being that I'm a California Catholic, you can imagine how excited I was to see this tweet roll across my Twitter feed this morning: 


Growing up in Orange County, Blessed Junipero Serra was kind of a big deal. 

Along every other fourth grader in the state, I rocked an awesome mission project made of sugar cubes and tooth picks, and learned all about the soon-to-be Saint. 


Of course, being that OC guy, I chose to use my sugar cubes to perfectly recreate Mission San Juan Capistrano. And even though I've moved up to the Bay Area, I still enjoy reminiscing about the awe inspiring Extraordinary Form Masses that I attended in the only standing chapel left that where this great man said Mass. 


Also, I can't help but wonder: Does this mean Pope Francis will make a stop off on the West Coast for the Canonization? I mean, since he's already here in the country...

No comments:

Post a Comment